The Geluxe collection includes 28 trips in 16 countries.
Pioneer of community tourism, G Adventureslaunched its new style of travel – The Geluxe collection. Available to book now, with departures starting in May 2024, the all-new set of enhanced experiences offers 28 physical activity-focused trips, with one-of-a-kind accommodations, elevated dining and a strong focus on community and culture, unlike any other travel program currently on the market.
Proving that community and adventure need not be sacrificed for comfort, the Geluxe collection has been expertly designed by G Adventures to deliver the ultimate experience for travelers and to also ensure that as much money as possible stays in the hands of the local population. every step of the way.
Yves Marceauvice president of product at G Adventures, says the new Geluxe collection from G Adventures embodies adventure at its best and fills a gap in the market for people looking for a premium active experience, done in style. way of G Adventures.
“We are rolling out the purple carpet with our new premium active travel range; The Geluxe collection. These trips have been carefully curated for people who enjoy adventure with a soft landing, while enjoying meaningful interactions with local people as part of their travel experience.
“Each day has been meticulously designed to bring travelers deeper into the destination, while remaining physically active throughout their journey. Every meal tells the story of the people and place it comes from. Accommodations are unique to the location, and all trips are focused on community tourism, so travelers form a richer connection with local people and their culture, while giving back during their trip. said Marceau.
Highlights include at least one “Your OMG Stay” and one “Your OMG Day” for each trip.
“Your OMG Stay” is a remarkable style of accommodation, selected for its impressive history, design or surrounding experiences. These include the Cardamom Tented Camp in the Cardamom Mountains of Cambodia, the Refugio Amazonas ecolodge in the Peruvian Amazon, glamping at Changa Safari Camp in Zimbabwe and Mr and Mrs White Tinos, a stunning boutique hotel in the islands Greeks.
“Your OMG Day” gives travelers the opportunity to personalize one of their days by choosing between two different travel experiences on each trip. Examples include a food walking tour in Tokyo, Japan, a cooking class in Cape Malay in South Africa, a rowboat ride and yoga session in Nepal with the Himalayas as a backdrop, and a safari in jeep focused on the cultural heritage of the Sahara that meets with nomads and villagers of southern Morocco.
The 16 countries featured at the launch are Botswana, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Peru, Africa of the South, Thailand, Vietnam and Zimbabwe. Maximum group size is 16 people, with an average of 10 to 12 people per departure.
Here are examples of trips in The Geluxe Collection available for booking:
- Japan: Kyoto, Tokyo and the Michinoku Coastal Trail – Japan is a country made for adventure seekers, while connecting modern and ancient traditions. From exploring villages outside of Kyoto on foot and kayaking on Japan’s deepest lake to walking the beautiful Michinoku coastal path, this adventure delves deep into Japan’s past and present, all while using every day to explore the outdoors.
- Cambodia and Thailand: Angkor Wat, Koh Chang and Cardamom Mountains Adventure – Exploring Southeast Asia goes from iconic to unexpected during this incredible nine-day adventure. Cambodia’s magnificent Angkor Wat leads the way with its magnificent sunrise, offering a glimpse of the adventures to come. Next, you will be taken on motorbikes by local women to help create a delicious meal in a Cambodian village. You will then explore the Cardamom Mountains on foot and by kayak, your experience actively contributing to the preservation of this protected area. And to top it all off, soak up the tranquility of a Thai island, with more kayaking, beach barbecues and epic sunsets.
- Southern Morocco: Marrakech, the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara – Southern Morocco exudes natural beauty and sparks the spirit of adventure at every turn. A nighttime tour of the Marrakech medina allows us to discover local music and dance. Hike the incredible landscapes of the Dades Gorges and take a sunset camel ride to a desert camp to sleep in the Sahara under the stars. Walk among olive and juniper trees through the villages of Ouirgane and immerse yourself in the daily life of a Berber family. If you’re looking for the heart and soul of Morocco, this is it.
- Zimbabwe & Botswana: Chobe, Hwange & Lake Kariba – Big news: safari in Africa is no longer a sedentary affair with this 12-day adventure that takes you truly off the beaten track. Explore Lake Kariba by boat and discover Matusadona National Park, one of Zimbabwe’s hidden gems, right by your side. Glamp in Chobe National Park and travel through Hwange National Park on an open-air wagon, staying on the lookout for elephants the entire time. If you came looking for the adventure of a lifetime, this is it.
- Central Mexico: Oaxaca to Mexico City – Discover the depth of central Mexico with this immersion in the country’s history, traditions and incredible cuisine. Pedal through agave fields to a petrified waterfall and visit ancient pyramids, all while breathing in the heavenly aromas of tacos and mole as you stroll the streets. The perfect balance of history, movement, and flavor, this adventure will leave you hungry for everything Mexico has to offer.